View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Why You Shouldnt Play HUSNG with 20 Buyins

[ QUOTE ]

I'm rambling. This thread got my goat a bit. Snorer is right, there is a lot of bad advice in this forum. I hope not too many people from this forum are coaching just based on the fact they post here and lot and play higher than the average player here. I sharkscoped someone here a short while ago who was winning $7/game at 55s, then moved up to 110s and now makes $3/game.. but still plays them as their reg. game. It's stuff like this that makes me not take a lot of bankroll/other advice as seriously in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made more per game in the 33s than I do in the 110s over my sample sizes (albeit not big enough for true samples, but whoever your example is for 55-110 probably doesn't have the right sample size either).

Stats over small samples can only tell you a certain amount. My ROI in 33s turbos is 25%, my ROI in 55s is 17% and my ROI in 110s is 4%. Does that mean I ran super hot in the earlier levels but now I'm running bad? Maybe. You don't really know until you've played a ton of games at every level, but I know I'm a winner in the 110s so I keep playing them. I've felt that I've ran bad in them overall, but I don't have any specific stats that I could present to prove this. So I keep playing them and work to build my bankroll and improve my game and when I'm confident I'm a 10% winner in this level I'll probably move up to the 220s, not because my bankroll is x buyins, but because I don't want to deal with 2-4% roi variance at such a low buyin.

As for comments about coaching, I'm not positive who that's directed towards, it doesn't fit anybody I know of in this forum as far as ROI/comments go, but I know at least a few low limit players who would be worth 35-50 bucks an hour to many players.

It's not a question of bankroll or game selection advice, it's about plugging leaks and making good decisions. I wouldn't play 50 bucks an hour for somebody to tell me how to manage my bankroll, top players have had different opinions about this and I think it's a fairly personal thing, you pay for strategy advice and a few 50 dollar sessions from somebody who is a stronger player than you can do wonders for your game.