View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
Limit holdem: Have you had any of these leaks? Any suggestions on how to fix them?

General:
1) Whining too much about beats
2) Not thinking long enough about some decissions
3) Playing longer sessions when I'm stuck, trying to get even, than when I'm winning.

In play leaks:

1) Playing LAGs: Giving too much action in some spots and not getting full value in others. In short my tempo is off agaisnt them.
2) Playing big aces UI: Learn when it's ok to show down and when I need to fold.
3) Blind wars: Spewing too much, without much thought.
4) Finding folds agisnt solid players: I call down in some spots where I just have to be beaten. I need to trust myself enough to fold.

The book is great, I truly mean that. Especially it did some very healthy stuff for my HU postflop play, which was a bit random before.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - this has never been a problem of mine. it happens.
2 - this can be a problem for me, but sometimes its a cath-22 because I dont want to give away timing tells and sometimes my first intuition is correct
3 - I just play as long as possible when the games are good. simple really.

here's a good mantra. sit cross legged and start with an ooohhhhmmmmmm and repeat three times "It's all one long session"

your entire lifetime of poker is simply one long session.

in play:
good lags are tough, but you shouldnt be making BOTH mistakes, usually one comes at the expense of the other, but you are certainly walking a tightrope and this just comes from playing well. remember also, you could make the correct decision on a 52/48 choice and be on the 52 side 10 times in a row and "look" wrong so you would feel like you are playing bad when in acutality you made 10 good decisions in a row.

2 - aces UI - how many draws missed? how big of his range is junk?

3 - spewing in blind wars can be ok, too much and without thought is not.

4 - making some 8:1 and 10:1 folds is a spot where you have to think carefully and then make the fold if it is warranted.