View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: 25NL - Too weak? QQ facing weird 5x pot size bet on flop

[ QUOTE ]
It looks to me like a medium PP trying to figure out if you've got a high pair or AK. I might be wrong, but I'd call here and shove river if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who bets 5 x's the pot just to define an opponents hand? This doesn't look like villain is fishing for information at all.

I'm not saying that it couldn't be a med. pp, but if it is, this is a bluff. This is a pretty difficult situation to put the opponent on a hand. Considering villain's preflop numbers, I know it's a small sample size, it could be AA or KK and a planned play. It could be a poorly played AXc. Maybe A3. Maybe an AK/AQ/AJ bluff. Maybe 77. How can you know? Only you would know whether or not you have a rep. at the table of laying hands down too easily or if you have a tendency to call just about anything (your numbers don't support this).
I think you have to fold, if you're not 75 percent sure that this is a bluff. I would assign this maybe a 20% chance of a bluff, twice as high as the regular 10% I assign bluff chances, b/c the only evidence I have of this villain being a complete donk is the wild flop bet. That's not enough.
My guess would be AA or KK, planned move.