View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: FT200 4-bet sees a flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I either 4 bet to like 100 which is showing I am committed

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah and you prevent him from ever 5-bet shoving worse. Great strategy.

[/ QUOTE ] When I have AK and I get 3 bet, a decision should be made preflop whether you want to play for stacks or not. IF you do want to play for stacks, then you make a real reraise to 90 or more. What do you do when you make some scared 4 bet to less than 60 total and villain smooth calls and you miss? What do you do when you make that small little min 4 bet to 60 with JJ and a Q flops. I fail to see how making it 60 is ever more profitable and +EV then making it $90+, particularly in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it help to have some read on villain. Knowing that villain will never flat call the four bet and knowing that villain is cabable of shoving over a small 4 bet are reason to 4 bet small. And who said anything about deciding whether or not we are playing for stacks preflop when me make a small 4 bet. We are definitely calling a shove. Against some opponents just shoving ourselves might be better.

A $100 4 bet is just a bad middle ground where you don't give villain the option to bluff shove, he can still flat call and now we are in a really bad spot on the flop when we miss because we might have to consider calling a flop shove getting 3 to 1. It almost sounds like this is your reason for wanting to 4 bet larger just so you can't fold after the flop which is not a good reason to make a certain bet size.