View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Nobel Prize scientist - Black people are dumb

[ QUOTE ]
Phil says: A man's considered opinion is an irrational prejudice? Lammy must know something I don't. Someone please link me to the proof that races have identical intelligence. Because you'd have to prove that to call his comments "irrational prejudices". Perhaps Mr. Lammy lacks some critical thinking skills.

What Phil is saying is this is like the time they put Galileo on trial because his views contradicted religious views in his time and it does somehow seem like this.

Now along comes tame_deuces and he says:
"Ofcourse it measures G accurately, but it's the validity of G that is the centre of the debate - not the tests.

And trust me, that is a common discussion in psychology - 'ok we measured it, but what did we just measure?', and its an important one."

It seems they are both right. So what do we have. It looks like a conundrum.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I read this twice, quite slowly, and don't see how your two quotes are even related; much less paradoxically contravening.

To paraphrase Elvis Presley (random specious attributions FTW!), I wish I could walk a mile in your shoes, because you seem to be operating under a completely novel set of cognitive heuristics.