View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: QB Day (Culpepper, Kitna, more?)

[ QUOTE ]

A 6? As in a 6th round pick? Umm, John Abraham is a pro-bowl defensive end, one of the best pass rushers in the league. He's not the most versatile guy, but his run defense has improved and he's going to get you 10-12 sacks/year, plus whatever value you put on every passing down double teams. I think with Kerney, that would be a lot of effing value. I think Schaub has a lot of value too, but him plus a 6th is ludicrous. You're talking about a three-time pro-bowler at end and a unproven back-up quarterback. What the hell was that guy's name, from Jaxsonville, went to Buffalo, sucked a lot? Really I can't remember, but right now Schaub is him.

I think they're talking about Abe + 4th for Schaub + 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is if I were the Falcons, I would see these as my options ...

1) Trade Schaub AND A SECOND ROUNDER for a one-dimensional pass rusher with a history of knee issues and an attitude that is far from ideal. Yes, Abraham's run D is improving but it still stinks compared to the D-Ends he wants to get paid like.

2) Sit Schaub on the bench for another year, tender him at one of the two levels, and bank that another team will sign him (meaning the Falcons will get at least a 1st for him and probably a first and a third).

Essentially, choice A is Abraham (at Abraham $) and a Fourth this year and Choice B is a Second this year, and a First and maybe a Third next year.

I think I'm taking B.