View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: EDF Wet Shaving Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Badger and Blade

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, these people DO take wet shaving seriously.

I'm planning on wading through that forum, but can anybody here tell me the difference between shaving soap and cream? Soap appears to be much more economical because it's cheaper and you get more shaves out of a cake than you would a tub of cream, but it also seems like much more work. Are there other advantages I'm missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wet shaving for a year. Def stay away from soaps. Nancy Boy is a great brush cream. I've also found to my disappointment that some of the non-foaming creams (kiels has one, and so does aveda) work better for me than traditional brush creams. But my face is sensitive and my over-riding goal is to avoid irritation. If you have no problems with that you can have alot more fun. Also, enchante online hydrolast products make the best oils by far (and i've tried many).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a member at B&B & yes, some over there take it that seriously!!! Good group of guys with lots of good but varied opinions & information. If any of you sign up over there, just behave yourself or the mods will give you the boot. They won't tolerant some of the 'shenanigans' that 2+2 lets slide...if you know what I mean.

There's nothing wrong with a quality shaving soap. I love them. They just don't offer quite as good of 'cushion' for the razor on your face as a quality made cream. They're 2 different products with their own set of quirks.