View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

OK, for people who think absolute is being screwed over.

First, they claimed the type of cheating that took place was simply not possible.

Second, they claimed to review the cheating and the chipdumping, and claimed neither took place. This despite presumably having evidence that former owners being under control of the cheating accounts.

Third, a spokesman threatened a lawsuit against one of the more intelligent high stakes players who looked into the matter, and said a lot of information on this forum was planted by secret agents trying to bring abosolute poker down.

Fourth, another spokesman tried to buy us off by paying the cheated players the money back without admitting that cheating took place at all. As to security changes/repurcussions that would've happened had this taken place, who is to say.

Also, they agree to an audit, probably as a way of getting out of admitting to a breach of the security/integrity of the site, and then just decide to admit everything. This is after their ridiculous offer to pay back cheated players, who of course hadn't been cheated.

So for these reasons I dont think the entity absolute poker, has acted all that well in this matter. Basicly based on what I've written I believe its impossible absolute was looking out for cheated players in this circumstance, which of course should be their primary concern, from my point of view at least.

Apologies if some of this has been already said, or if I'm incorrect on any points.