View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Bottom set meets donk on backdoor 4 card SD + 3-card FD river

Sorry, no better reads than that SB is your average TAG and BB is your average LAG (didn't play this hand, posting this from a Finnish site as I thought this was interesting).

Poker Room skin Fixed Limit Holdem Ring game $2/$4 5 players

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero raises, 2 folds, SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12SB, 3 players)
SB bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (11.5BB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero ?

--
My thoughts:

No way I'm folding this. It's either a call, r/c, or r/f.

What do you think: how often your average LAG is donking this with...

... air, bluffing on a scare card?

... Q7/87/76, wanting to get at least one bet in on a scary board, afraid a QX won't bet?

... Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] X[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], wanting to get at least one bet in on a scary board, afraid a QX won't bet?

... 77, with what he tried to shutout the Hero out of pot on the flop and then play pokers for the big pot vs. TAG that probably didn't hit that very uncoordinated flop?

... 65/75/85 that he tried to semibluff on the uncoordinated flop and get to the river cheaply?

<font color="#666666"> (PS: And no-one is delaying the raise to the turn, right?) </font>