View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 03:17 AM

Default I have a hand OOP on FD flop HU and my cbet gets called.... I\'m lost!

OK, here goes. I'll start by saying I don't post much on here at all coz often I don't c the point. Instantly you know I'm a donk right... I'm often inclined to agree.

Before I get into it, I understand like everyone else that reads and stack sizes will play a large part in all of this and that asking for general, anecdotal advice can often be risky/useless, but here I am. Anyway, this situation is one that I often struggle with and wonder if anyone has any general advice (if indeed general advice can be given here).

Same situation often arises where I have, for example, AsKh (although it applies to various starting hands of course)in an early pos, raise and get 1-2 callers. Flop will come something like Kd9c6c. I fire a decent sized Cbet and get called by one PF caller. This is basically my worst nightmare.

Obviously if I see c on turn I am running for the hills but when the turn blanks I feel completely lost. I myself, am happy to just call when flopping set in pos on FD flop so I know plenty of other will do the same. The equally obvious problem is that people will just as often call on a draw here.

My options are innumerable here and at any given time any of them can seem to be correct. A decent 2nd barrel that gets raised is the easiest option but what if I am again just called (as one could easily do with the set)?

My problem here becomes a blank riv. Do I fire again basically commiting my stack. Surely I am checking to induce the bluff, if indeed there is one to be induced, but am then faced with either a push or a very large bet.

Like I said before, reads/stack sizes are poss the most important factors here. The stack/bet sizes decisions I am getting better at making quickly. I am more than happy to take any advice anyone has on improving reading abilities though or any general/anecdotal advice about this spot in general. Any help at all much appreciated.