View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: 50% returns on small amounts?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you could easily sustain 50% rates on small accounts you could grow $50,000 to $1million in just about 7 1/4 years and grow it $10,000,000 in about 13 years.

If you could do this why wouldnt you simply grow you're account to 1-2 million and then just live like a rockstar off the $500,000 -$1,000,000 youre bringing in every year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not, indeed? Some of my trading buddies do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good article in the WSJ today about guys going busto on real estate. Guy in Vegas had 14 homes and was living like a balla, he's now busto filing for bankruptcy. At the top 2 years ago how smart do you think this guy thought he was? Guys making big money trading stocks typically trade for huge investment banks and pretty much make markets scalping the differance between bid and ask when possible. Their advantage comes from the capital base of their company and order flow from established clients.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of my trading buddies trade like that, not even the market maker.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to be a hater but we live in a very competitive society with lots and lots of smart people. There is a regression to the mean over time and 50% is no reasonable long term expected return for investors. In the short run anything is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regression to the mean of what? To the mean of their trading results? You make no sense.

[ QUOTE ]
Reading all this makes me want to short this market soooooooooooooooooooooooooo BAD!

[/ QUOTE ]

So grow some balls and do it.