View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: How do you avoid becoming a nut peddler in Omaha?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this can be explained by my c-betting frequency is higher in PLO than NLHE and I get away with it. People are simply not continuing passed the flop without a solid hand. They don't want to risk playing a big pot without the goods.

Notwithstanding that, you have to know when you switch gears regarding the c-betting. I think this advice pertains well to the average to inexperienced opponent. To the thinking player, trim your c-betting a little more as they are better at picking spots to raise/c/raise you and put you to a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mostly in the 50 and 100 games (buyin not blinds). and i find it very difficult to know when to cont bet in many instances. i basically turned myself into a nit because of a massive downswing due to too many noobs calling massive river bets with bottom 2 pair...etc. i basically went with a "dont bluff anyone with a large vpip" strategy. but after my massive downswing i am 10x more timid on the button and i feel like potting it pre with 3 or more limpers (basically every hand) with moderate vpips is just a losing proposition without the goods. what do i need to do?? i feel like the opposite of what you said with better players being more bluffable.

btw i basically never cr bluff. should i employ this instead of betting into what turns out to be an even money bet?