View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: why does this forum care so much about religion

[ QUOTE ]
Kurto this is the mantra of this forum:

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize there was a mantra. Furthermore, I never saw anyone saying you didn't have a right to post it. You were suprised that no one had commented on your post. I posted my thoughts about some possible reasons why.

[ QUOTE ]
The ideas expressed in the articles posted are directly opposed to many of the ideas routinely expressed in this forum. On a daily basis I read posts with people asking for arguments from theists positions and for explanations of theist arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have asked for theists here about their ideas. You seem to post other people's ideas to which you cannot even begin to discuss intelligently. This is not your argument. You regularly show your complete inability to discuss the merits of the articles you post.

[ QUOTE ]
Because you don't agree with the arguments presented doesn't make them pusillanimous, but quite the contrary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect you're misusing your dictionary. I posted a criticism of the second article. You, as usual, cannot address my specific complaints. Since you post articles and cannot discuss them, its a little unclear what your purpose is... or, for that matter, if you even understand what you've posted or the responses that have been posted.

Making further discussion somewhat pointless.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe other posters will agree with me that we need fewer poster trying to act as censors in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, I don't see a lot of censorship. If anything, people have been trying to get you to post some of your own thoughts and arguments. But you usually just post links that often have little to do with the discussion at hand and, links to which you don't seem interested in actually discussing.