View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Starting from scratch online...help please!!

Hey KidSleez, welcome.

Opinions on stuff like this are like @$$holes if you know what i'm saying, so take everyone's advice with a grain of salt. Your first step depends on how much money you have to deposit because you want to take advantage of bonuses. You don't want to waste a $50 first deposit bonus at full tilt where you could get a $600 deposit if you had that much to deposit. Assuming that you don't want to deposit very much to start, I would suggest pokerstars. Sign up through www.pokersourceonline.com and I think you can get your $50 bonus and poker tracker, which is vital. Try depositing with any and all credit/debit cards you have because some of them work. If none of them work, i suggest www.epassporte.com. Sign up for an account, it will take a few days, but then you should be able to deposit on most any site.

As for rakeback, stars doesn't offer any, but once you clear your stars bonus you'll probably want to move to another site to clear their bonus, and when you make an account at that site, you'll definetly want rb if it's offered. Check the rakeback/affiliates forum towards the bottom of the main index. I'm not sure what a good site to go to after stars would be, check out www.bonuswhores.com and make sure you getting maximum value for depositing your bankroll.

I'd also suggest using any points you get at stars or any other site to purchase poker books for the game you're playing, so you can improve. That's all I can think of right now. Keep reading the forums and you'll get a feel for what you want your next move to be. Good luck. PM me if you have any other questions.