View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: why does this forum care so much about religion

Splenda - I just posted to you the problem with the second agreement. Yet you ignore it and ask what I'm afraid of. There is a major logical fallacy since the entire premise of his paper requires everyone to accept the infallible truth that the Christian conception of God and the contents of the Bible are fact.

It is quite consistant that you post links to articles and then pretty much ignore all the posts that point out major holes/flaws in the posts.

Others have pointed out that you don't even have anything to add about the posts.

Just because you post something doesn't mean that its particularly compelling.

[ QUOTE ]
One of the articles was addressing the crisis in mathematics

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know a lot of mathematicians who agree that there is a crisis in mathematics. Any that think that what math is missing is Christianity? (I have to admit I'm laughing out loud even typing this.)

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you have to dumb everything down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its your contention that I could dumb it down. One could argue that it was pretty 'down' many years before I looked at it.

[ QUOTE ]
Someone who really knows math might agree and that bothers you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect you're the one who'd be most bothered by people's reaction to this. I suspect you'll have trouble finding a lot of mathmeticians who believe the only reason they can do math is because the Christian God allows them to.