View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Starting from scratch online...help please!!

Hey all,

Obviously I am new here (1st post & all), but I've been reading the forums for the past few days because I've heard good things about this site. I'm posting today because I need help. I've played online before for play money, which obviously doesn't help improve skills much. However, I'm looking to step into the real money arena...but I have no idea where to start! I need a comprehensive checklist on what I need to do. For instance,

1. What site is best/easiest/most user friendly to start playing at? Being a beginner to the online cash games, I would be looking to play at micro limits ($.01/$.02 etc.) with a small bankroll.
2. Being in the U.S., how can I deposit money into an account on that site? (I realize this depends on what site I am playing on)
3. How does rakeback work?
4. Anything else I need to know?

I guess you could kinda say I am working backwards...as most of my hold 'em experience has come in live home mini-tourneys or cash games and I'm just now trying to play online. Anyway, I would appreciate any help/advice you all could give. Thanks in advance!