View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: AP current CEO?

[ QUOTE ]
We keep seeing in AP's denials and responses, that "users can's see other hole cards" or "our software doesn't send other hole cards" etc.

It seems that many of the descriptions, speculations here that this person with "superuser" capabilities has a "client" that can see hole cards.

While I believe that hole cards have been seen, I don't think it is through the client software. If AP (I don't play there) updates their client as often as other sites then this modified superuser client would need to be modified every time there is an update. Also the assumption is that servers DON'T send the hole cards of other players period so someone cant hack the network stream.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a really good point which I haven't heard considered yet. You would think a normal Absolute client would be hard-programmed to only accept and show one set of hole cards. This would be an extra security feature. Is there anyway to decompile the Absolute client and check out the source?

Which would make it likely that in concert with his superuser status, the cheater was using some hacked version of the client, or maybe just a text reader that emulates a client but can accept everyone's hole cards. Not that it makes a big difference either way.

This could also explain why this thing exploded right after the update. Someone on the inside could have pushed out a new client that circumvents the security feature to make sure the client only shows only one set of hole cards.

To me tailing the HH files doesn't seem that likely anymore. As it appears that a super-user needs to be logged on and actively observing the table in question for the whole scheme to work.