View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: AP cheating Speculation thread

[ QUOTE ]
I like to think that it was the ex-exec Tom at AP who somehow blew (snorted?) through his money, and remembered his access to the super account from the site that he no longer worked for.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is definitely possible, but he didn't have to be broke. money is an addiction, for a lot of people, the more you get the more you want. i believe the whole situation is pretty simple- Scott Tom, a key member in the founding of AP, at some time learned of a super user account that he's always had access to. he and his group of buddies have been abusing this power for a while, and have been switching/playing different names periodically. i just think they are flat out not great people, and cheating didn't bother them, especially not Scott Tom. they are almost certainly losing players while playing normal, and it probably provided some sort of sick satisfaction to look at their stack or acct balance and see hundreds of thousands. the only thing i can't figure out is why they made it so obvious in the fateful 1k tourney. i guess they got too arrogant/sloppy since they hadn't been caught for a while. but they obv have knowledge of poker, and even if they suck, you'd think they'd realize their play was blatant cheating. maybe someone different got a hold of the account they didn't plan on, and outed them (intentionally or unintentionallly)