View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Would you fold here?

Hand 1: Never fold here. Folding here heads up is

You're ahead the majority of the time here. Once in a while you are going to see AA but that looks like AK-KT spades to me. You're only in trouble against A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and AA, so you can't fold. Ever. Please don't do that.

Hand 2: If you're going to check you have to checkraise. I would bet this out and here's why.

Your hand is almost certainly ahead, but it's very vulnerable. There is a flush draw and several straight draws out there. Also, you're easily counterfeited by a 9 (or a 6 after the turn). It sucks being OOP in this spot but I would bet out and hope that a big J raised me and shut out the others.

Checkraise creates a huge pot against several opponents with a vulnerable hand. You're filming your own Bad Idea Jeans commercial here; you want to cut the field. Another thing to consider is the flop texture. On this flop someone will always pay you. Always. It just hits too many hands. So the bet is to try and protect and for value.

Wow. I think I rambled there a little bit. That make sense to anyone?