View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dwight Howard is grossly overrated in fantasy. ... That said, he has a lot more value in a H2H league, so long as you're prepared for your draft, and don't spend the rest of the draft digging out of holes. If you're in a deep hole, then just forget about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so I'm in a H2H non-turnover league and here's how I'm thinking about it: he is a godlike rebounder, very good at FG% and blocks, and solid at points. Steals and assists are meh and 3PM=0, but that's the case for a lot of centers. All good so far, so FT% is the concern...but Howard is "very bad," not "historically abysmal."

So what if I have someone like Kobe shooting just as many FTs as Dwight, but at 88% with Dwight at 58%? That's 73% on a ton of attempts--how bad is that? I know it's not great, but couldn't I still win this category from time to time?

I understand the punting categories idea, but it seems to me that you can have Dwight Howard and still do okay in FT% if you happen to have someone else with an excellent percentage. And a lot of the studs qualify: Kobe, Arenas, Dirk, Nash. So in a non-turnover league, he strikes me as a pretty decent third-round pick.

Anything wrong with this argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly are you planning on geting another stud and Howard? And yes you still could win it occassionally, but that still doesn't mean its a good thing. Your league not counting TOs does indeed help Howard's value.