View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
Hi EDF:

This may be the world's dumbest situation/question, but I'd like your thoughts.

I'm 20, play poker for an income, don't go to school, live by myself, hardly get out, basically never meet girls.

Back in grade 11/12 HS, there were several girls I should have asked out that clearly liked me, but, being a retard, I obviously did not.

So, question is, is it practical to, say, send one of these girls a PM over facebook asking them if they'd like to do lunch sometime, mentioning my regret at not asking them out in the past? I truly am pissed at myself for missing these opportunities.

Or is this too stalkerish/desperate/whatever else? I'm sure these girls have about 1000 dudes a day hitting on them, so maybe that makes this idea of mine a bit more 'lol'?

[/ QUOTE ]
Please do not say regret. Just ask them how they are doing, create a conversation talking about the old days, and go from there.

The key is to act like you have a life. That you have other activities on the side and you just want to catch up. Any time you feel you're sounding needy, stop the conversation right there and tell them you gotta go take care of something.

A side comment. What is it with guys and sounding needy/desperate? When was the last time you talk to a girl that was needy/desperate and you told yourself, "wow, that's hot right there. I def want a girl with that trait."