View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Nobel Prize scientist - Black people are dumb

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First, can't this easily be verified or proven wrong through testing?

Secondly, does it even matter if it's true? Can or should something like that ever be said? And we think religion is a touchy topic?...

I've often wondered whether certain races were either slightly ahead or behind other races on an evolutionary scale. I'm white, and it wouldn't surprise me (or offend me), to learn that Asians are more intelligent than people of my race.

I mean, the guy makes a point... There's no reason to think that all races evolved equally at the same pace over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you're missing is that there are no "races." Groups like "white" and "asian" comprise a large number of ethnicities. The "white/yellow/red/brown/black" divisions have little scientific basis, they take a single trait (skin color) and categorize a huge number of ethnicities on that basis alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. Are you saying that humans can't and don't diverge through geographical separation? If Asia has the longest civilized population of humans, I would expect that their intelligence quotient may have devoloped more rapidly than the rest of us. Is that a wrong assumption to make?