View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Brag: randomly staked a guy and won $96,600

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man to all the people saying they wouldnt ship 100k, he won 40k from nothing!! Id think that would make it so much easier that most should have no problem probably, especially considering how much he owe to the staker who staked a guy with little to no record..

Also isnt 30/70 pretty reasonable considering hes staking a guy with no makeup and with no track record??

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there are a lot of people on here who make a bajillion doallars a month playing or poker or with a real job. I'm freshly out of college with a mountain of debt and a [censored] job. 100K is live changing money for me. 100K is more than I can realistically ever win playing poker. If I ever luckboxed my way into a huge win like that I'm honestly not sure I could ship the whole 100K. Not exactly sure where my moral "grey area" starts because I can say I'd have no problem shipping 10K-30K. But I'm not sure if i won 140K in a tourney that I wouldnt just cash it all out and retire from poker

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a very good point. Much of the hate is coming from people who could care less about $100k, they are loaded already. For a small stakes player for whom it could really be a life-changing amount, it might be more of a dilemma.

[/ QUOTE ]

100k is a life changing amount to me. The fact that the more money it is the less likely you are to fulfill your end of the bargain is pretty funny.