View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
i know this is an extremely routine question but i was thinking about it recently and i'm trying to think of the right kind of things to say when getting set up with a blind date before you actually meet. the problem is that you are inherently setting yourself up in a weak position...

1) why do you even need to be set up?
2) why do you want to meet someone you've never met?

i feel like anything i might write in this email (i was given email address not phone number) is going to come off as loser-ish. same deal with offering to take the girl out to dinner... why do i want to take out a girl i haven't met?

"hi, i just got back from maryland, so-and-so gave me your email, lets go meet for drinks" is about the best i can come up with.

i can't think of any way to come off as lighthearted and funny here with a line like "bring your own shoelaces".

meh. i am pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

woah what? You're getting set up? haha that's funny ;o. I've never ever blind emailed someone, seems like one of the worst possible ways to set up a date. I'd probably just email her, be casual and then mention an activity that you're planning on doing where she's welcome to join you.

"...oh I'm going to check this out on saturday, I bet you'd enjoy it. It's supposed to be pretty awesome blah balh

ttyl, durron"

More than anything I want constant updates