View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: 50PLO overcall spot.

I’d like to vent a dissenting view and say you should have folded the second time around preflop, Position is great in Omaha but this pot is growing out of control and you will be third to act on the flop with not just one but two preflop aggressors, the action will often look something like in this hand. The second reason is that your hand is crap, you will hit the nut flush 1 percent of the time and a draw to the nut flush 11%. The rest of the time its just 4 widely spaced cards that are A high and therefore plays poorly against the BBs most likely holding of AAxx.

Now with this flop and the action in front of you may fear monsters under the bed and it probably isn’t a big mistake to fold and cut your losses, but I would rater reraise and try to build a sidepot with BB. The c-bet by BB does not have to mean that he has the nut flush draw he could just be betting AA with the bare As knowing the two of you will have a hard time calling without the straight or some other premium holding and the call by UTG+1 can very well be a draw and not the flopped straight, in that case your in great shape and you only need better than 29% equity in the threeway pot.

To tie in with the discussion in the SPR thread, with a large SPR and facing a raise and reraise TTP goes in the muck in an instant but with a SPR of 1.4, TTP = ze nuts. I’m joking of course, since you are calling and not pushing the problem is a simple mathematical one of assigning ranges and calculating equity.

Chris