View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: negotiations after home inspection... (buying a house)

[ QUOTE ]
If you like this house, and it is a 'good house' that will sell easily, forget about all the items on the list, they all sound normal and minor. The Termite report will be the one you need to pay most attention to: insect and water damage repairs can be considerable, if needed. And once disclosed, anyone else that might buy the house instead would face the same issues (and the seller knows this). I believe in almost all cases, significant issues from the 'termite report' will (and sometimes, must) get fixed by the seller.

Sounds like your home inspector was one of the good ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that I'd be any concerned with is the wood rot around the windows. That could be minor or major. I've had wood rot around windows in a house once that had destroyed the entire window frame. It was a $450 fix per window. I only had to replace two windows, so I'd still consider it a minor repair. But, I'd try try to get some idea of the extent of the damage and how many windows its affecting. Call a carpenter and ask him - its easy and he'll immediately see how bad the problem is.