View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]

They are insistent that it is not possible for any account that has this ability and no way for anyone to receive other players' hole cards during a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is impossible to know this. Even if AP tested all accounts manually, they still can't be 100% sure a superuser account exists.
Maybe a super-user accounts behaves and looks like a normal account, until you modify its settings.

[ QUOTE ]

3) At least part of these investigations will be conducted by representatives of the online poker community, possibly including representatives of PocketFives.com, 2+2, and/or Bluff Magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Investigate what? All source code, which is usually badly annotated? Good luck understanding the inner workings of the code? All compiled code? All user-accounts? All test-accounts? Investigate my azz.

The only smoking guns are the Potripper account, and account 363. The Potripper account is prolly a regular account, so nothing to find there. And account 363 SHOULD be deleted/modified to a regular account => nothing to find there too. So the investigation will clear AP for sure!

[ QUOTE ]

They believe they can prove that it's not possible to do what people are alleging, as well as that it was never possible in their system.

[/ QUOTE ]
How? Please teach me something about programming, security, reverse-engineering, servers and databases I don't know!

It is often possible to prove that something exists. It is not possible to prove that something doesn't exist. Esp in this case.

[ QUOTE ]

5) They weren't able to talk about account 363 at all. Their stated reason for this was that they haven't finished altering the account, and clearing its database transaction history.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

AP DIAGF!