View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two items from the phone conversation:

"Not all of the information posted on 2+2 is incorrect, but a lot of it is completely wrong."

"Some people are using this opportunity to spread misinformation and trying to hurt Absolute Poker. A lot of really untrue things are being said on purpose to make us look bad."

These claims have made me wonder. The evidence of cheating is repeatedly claimed to be convincing in these threads. Are these convictions based on belief that the reported Excel-file is genuine?

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I don't know how many times this has to be addressed, but...

1. The spreadsheet contains otherwise unavailable holecards that have been verified by people who played in the tournament.
2. The spreadsheet is 10 mb and is 65,636 lines long.
3. The spreadsheet contains tons of email address and IP addresses. I double checked a bunch of them using the big user database at thepokerdb (we have around 130,000 users, including much of the active online poker world). All of them checked out.

So the answer is, could someone have changed the 3 lines that led to the discovery of all of this info? Yes. They could have. Did they? I SEVERELY doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]
additionally, something that i think is a little more obvious, if the excel file were INDEED hijacked and forged by someone at absolute, you would think they would either say that, or would just provide the actual file, unless they are to suggest the entire thing was changed and the original deleted, etc, [censored]. i'd bet POTRIPPER's bankroll that this is not forged or altered.