View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: What is the ultimate goal in the \"Fight for Online Gaming\"?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not in the "hoping" game either. We have lobbyists and we have an organization rededicated (newly dedicated?) to fighting for our rights. We should fight for our rights and get the best deal we can, at least IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you going to get that deal through the Agencies, they can't do what you are asking them to do, they can not write law the Executive Branch only implements laws.

[ QUOTE ]
For that goal, you should support the Wexler bill (though I believe you should still write in support of IGREA to show support for the position that poker should be explicitly legal).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes these are good things, but an uncontested or misguided effort on the reg that ends up in effect being an uncontested one makes getting these bills passed as little harder.

If the reg goes through where is the money going to come from to fight for on-line poker? FT, PS and the rest of the current market would be pushed further underground and likely be considered illegal operators in any future IGREA world. The PPA's Angeles would disapear overnight as their US bank accounts would be frozen, closed, and possibly fined.

I will not be suggesting they can't operate in any new regulated market, I like FT it is my favorite site, but some politican with B&M backing will certainly try.

D$D