View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: prop players in vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At the Luxor, however, it is relatively easy for a tourist to get a return on the jackpot drop as the promos are frequent and easy to get into. Also, the return on the jackpot drop has much lower variance there since the 3 weekly freerolls are all chopped. Even if you're just in Vegas for the weekend you can get into a low-varience promo that is worth more than what you've lost to the jackpot drop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really -- maybe I'm worng but I didn't think they ran a freeroll like that. So If I come into town on Friday night. Play a little on Friday evening, play on Saturday, and maybe a little bit on Sunday morning before i get on a plane to return home, what freeroll have i qualified for?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a "freeroll" in which the entire prize pool gets chopped up between the players on Sunday afternoon. To qualify (I think) you have to play 6 hours between Saturday morning and when the promo starts. Also, if you play in the early AM there will on some days (I'm not exactly sure which ones, but I think Sunday is one of them), be a high hand promo where they'll give out close to 1K during the promo period. This is in addition to their regular jackpots that go 24/7 and the many other promos that run through the week.

EDIT: I don't want to be Mr. Luxor, so if you want more info on their promos they can tell you specifically what they're running if you call the room.