Thread: Bankroll Debate
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Bankroll Debate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And, SSNYC, you really should be taking more shots at $50s and learning from them with an 8K roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. You've got to be kidding me. If I had an 8K roll I'd play every single $50 MTT. Sigh.

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess but I've seen rolls bleed off pretty quick too...

[/ QUOTE ]

For you people who are over-rolled for the tournaments you currently play, I understand because I'm somewhat off a bankroll nit as well, though I play slightly higher (mostly $50-$150 mtt's and the occasional Sunday major).

Here's some advice though. Keep on playing the tournaments you feel comfortable playing and stay out of my way! No seriously, keep playing them but occasionally (occasionally meaning like 1-2 out of every 10 played) take a shot at tournament that's just above your comfort zone. Once you get a better feel for them and gain confidence you can slowly increase the number you play and before you know it, you'll be playing those exclusively.

If things don't go so well, or you feel like you're not playing well enough, you can always move back down, and keep improving until you feel ready to start taking shots again.

You will be facing tougher competition the higher you play, but at the same time it will undoubtedly make you a better player.