View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
They already have suffered, and will continue to suffer, regardless of how this concludes.

This whole thing made them look both stupid and dishonest on so many levels.

You guys are living in a dreamworld if you think AP will admit to a superuser. They won't. They might as well turn off their servers and shut down if they admit that. Perhaps doing so might be the best plan of action for those of us at 2+2, but it would be suicide in regards of how it would relate to the casual poker player. If AP admits, "Yeah, there was a superuser", every donkey who lost money on the site -- all the way down to the $.02/$.04 games -- will attribute their losses to being cheated by a house account. It would be a complete disaster for them.

We have to find a compromise here, if we want any sort of resolution.

If you're not going to be satisfied with anything but a complete mea culpa on AP's part, you'd have a better chance waiting to see flying pigs and hell frozen over. You ahave to look at this from a realistic perspective, and what we can honestly expect and not expect from this.

Let's be serious, guys. The return of the money would mean far more than just a goodwill return of funds. If AP determines that they will suffer MORE from doing the right thing than their current platform of denial, then they will continue down the road of denial.

Why do I think lightning won't strike again? Everyone will be watching. Everyone will be suspicious. This whole thing almost brought them down once. Trust me -- if they get themselves out of this, there's no way they will ever risk this happening again. Even if security wasn't competent enough to catch this initially, you can bet they will make the necessary adjustments now.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty Dan, Absolute died in my eye's the second they released the statement that they had thoroughly investigated all hands and all accounts and found no wrong doing. That was unforgivable in my mind. They didnt have to admit to a superuser account, or anything else. All they needed to do was conclude their investigation, State they found wrongdoing, freeze accounts, refund wronged players. If they want to see how it's done have them read stars handling of THEVOID mess.

What is killing absolute isn't that some account, backdoor, hack, whatever could have taken place. Nothing is perfect, it could happen anywhere to anyone. What killed absolute for me is there security team looked over all the evidence we are looking at, and found NO wrongdoing, or found wrongdoing that the management ignored.

thats it, they dont get my play. Anything they do from here forward is irrelevent to me. I hope everyone wronged gets their money back, and I hope they are then wise enough to withdraw it and deposit it somewhere that has a sucurity team and management that actually investigates and corrects cheating.