View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Absolute Scandal

[ QUOTE ]
Latest Cliff's Notes

Right now, there is extremely strong evidence that cheating has taken place on absolute poker. The method was to use an account that could view the hole cards of everyone at the table. AP has denied all claims, but there is a preponderance of evidence and the latest word is that one of the accounts belongs to a (current or former) VP of AP.

At any rate, I think the likelihood that there is a major scandal brewing is extremely high. Now the question is how will that story impact legislative efforts and the pro on line poker movement in general?

I think people like the PPA, and every poker site, needs to be thinking about this and developing their spin. Obviously I see this as more reason to regulate on line gaming and allow for US providers. The opposition will tout this as clear evidence that on line gaming is all rigged and corrupt and must be stamped out to protect US citizens.

I haven't seen anything about this in the legislation forum, hence this little post. I think this scandal will have a major impact on on line poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Why is that thread not in Internet Gambling? For some reason, it's buried in "Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance" - what does that have to do with a cheating online site?