View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:12 AM

Default i think i\'m addicted to music

In the morning I'll have something playing while getting dressed, sometimes bringing a laptop closer to my bathroom to listen along while I grab a shower. At work, if I'm at my desk, I almost always have some headphones on, and when I'm back home the music basically only stops for tv.

A very large percentage of my waking existence has music playing; pretty much the only time I don't listen to something when i have the chance is walking to and from work, and I do have an ipod, i just don't really use it much for some reason.

So, i suppose my subject is only half serious...but i can't think this is normal. Out of all the people I know, and this is over several years of paying attention to this, I can only think of one or two who _always_ seem to have something playing, or wishing they could.

I'm not exactly an introverted person either, its not like I use it for an escape or anything. I don't know, maybe this will come across as strange. I think its similar to other things I've experienced where people like something, but if you took it away, no big deal. Going deaf would be horrible for me, and of course the volume at which I listen to most of this music is sure to help me achieve that goal soon enough...

Anyway, just kind of curious what others thought. There're lots of discussions about types of music, great bands, new albums (damn i love In Rainbows) etc, but I can't quite a feeling for how abnormal or not I am.

So what say you EDF?