View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 12:46 AM

Default River Value Bet Amount, Quads Against Some Aggression (Trips On Board)

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($26.10)
UTG ($19.50)
UTG+1 ($3.75)
MP1 ($33.10)
MP2 ($58.91)
MP3 ($124.95)
CO ($51.55)
Hero ($102.50)
SB ($32.56)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($6) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $3.

River: ($18) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2.5</font>, Hero ???

CO: 32%VPIP, 2.9%PFR, 2.13AGGR, -18.5BB/100, 50% won when raised river, 51% won at showdown

Preflop: I'm calling because I'm on the button, looking for a cheap flush draw.

Flop: After CO bets $1.50 ahead of me, I'm just calling because I'm wanting some of the four people behind me to either call or raise. There's no flush draw on the flop, and if the turn card makes a possible straight, I'm prepared to play cautiously and let the hand go if needed. If anyone raises behind me, I'm ready to go big here, as the only hands that beat me at the moment are 56 and 66. I am risking that if someone else has a 5, they could hit their kicker later.

Turn: OK, none of the four players behind me stayed in. At this point, I'm figuring that CO has another 5 and hopefully hasn't filled up. He's been aggressive toward me lately, so I toss him a minimum re-rasie figuring that he'll re-raise me. I just call his re-raise, because I'm interested in building a decent sized pot but not looking to get all in. At $0.50NL, I'm generally unwilling to go allin with just one of my cards interacting with the board like this, since there's now more than 2 hands that can beat me. Not too worried about the flush draw possibility.

River: OK, guess he doesn't have a 5. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Miracle card makes the nuts with quad 5s. At this point, I'm putting him on a full house, with either Qx, QQ, KK, or AA. He bets $2.50 into me, and I've gotta figure out what amount to re-raise to maximize my expected value from the hand.

I made it $13, hoping for a re-raise, then going all-in. I'm thinking raising much more than that, and he might let something like Qx (not QQ) go fearing me having KK or AA or a 5.

What's everyone else think the proper raise is here?