View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: PPA has released its UIGEA regulations comment talking points

[ QUOTE ]
Nice attack spin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just replying to your comments.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't act like my questions were or are motivated by some sort of disgruntled interviewee who didn't get a second call back. To suggest such a thing given our personal conversations is an insult and a cheap shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't. Again, I was replying to your comment on the matter. Congrats on momving to bigger and better things.

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't understand that any time a number of companies have a significant market share in a semi-mature market and that gives them an upper hand then I can't explain that to you with out you counting the exact number of words in my response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the PS and FT have a head-start. So what? Let the other companies win our loyalty once things are explicitly legal. U.S.-based companies have a built-in advantage as well, as most poker players would prefer a domestic site.

[ QUOTE ]
Most of all I'd like the PPA to act like that it was at least if only for appearance sake alone responsive to suggestions from the membership.

No I am not a conspiracy nut; but when I see a number of decisions that line up and point to a direction by an organization that I am a member of to not be publicly and personally attacked by a newly appointed board member. I spend a lot of time in the message and image business that is simply not how it is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I was responding to your comments to me. I wasn't responding on behalf of PPA...it was my personal opinion. On that topic, I will not edit myself merely because I joined the PPA board. If I don't say I'm speaking for the PPA, I'm not. It's that simple.

[ QUOTE ]
Your position is we should be willing to use our abilities to question the actions of the whole Federal Government, but we should shut up and be good little kids and let the grown-ups tell us exactly how we should do the PPA Boards bidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say that? Question all you want. I simply disagree with your conclusions. As for caring about the membership, I put up a poll on your concerns. I'll certainly respond to your concerns based on the desires of the 2p2 forum as reflected in the poll and in other comments.

[ QUOTE ]
I took a lot of grief right here by suggesting the composition of the board didn’t matter and it was the actions that were more important to me specifically and in the name of all poker players in general. Furthermore I made it clear that if I saw “our” organization taking a position that I felt was contrary to its own Mission Statement I would be a loud voice questioning why it was so. Back then you supported this type of member action, but now you do not?

What has changed?

That’s right your membership was upgraded to Board Member……….

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Nothing's changed with me at all. I support us questioning PPA, of course. I simply disagree with your assertion that the PPA isn't working to meet its mission statement. It also seems you have a tendency to trash everything and everyone who disagrees with you on anything.