View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Fire Mike Holmgren

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if we actually have 20-20 hindsight on this trade, Branch wasn't worth a #2 let alone a #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree he's overpaid, but he was worth the #1 or 2 pick.

[ QUOTE ]
As far as holding on to Robinson and Jackson for too long, remember that Holmgren was also the GM at that time and I'm fairly certain that he believed that building a team through the draft was the way to go thus having Robinson and Jackson develop into top notch receivers would be huge for the team. They clearly had the talent

[/ QUOTE ]

They held onto them after he relenquished his GM role(which he sucked at). Especially D-Jack who was there long after Hom stepped down from GM. Their talent is subjective. I don't think it was clear they had talent other than making it to the NFL. Beyond that, neither excelled other than to drop balls.

[ QUOTE ]
When Holgren lost his GM title is when they start trying to take shortcuts through free agent signings.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it worked. We also were able to draft defensive players once he stepped down.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not worth a 1 or 2 pick. TO, Moss didn't get a 1 or 2 pick. SA was on the block (he sucks btw) for a 2nd round pick and nobody wanted him. Stop saying this it isn't true. Nobody e/c Seattle was willing to overpay for him. He was also disgruntled, not as bad as TO or Moss but he didn't want to play for a cheap price.

[/ QUOTE ]

One reason I say it is because the Hawks needed a reciever, badly. They got one. He was the best available in that spot and they wouldn't have gotten one as good in the draft.

b