View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are living in a dreamworld if you think AP will admit to a superuser.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would find it odd if their software didn't have such a "superuser" for testing purposes.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I think lightning won't strike again? Everyone will be watching. Everyone will be suspicious. This whole thing almost brought them down once. Trust me -- if they get themselves out of this, there's no way they will ever risk this happening again. Even if security wasn't competent enough to catch this initially, you can bet they will make the necessary adjustments now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the kind of analysis I expected from you based on your prior posts. The only reason we are aware of this is because of a combination of some very astute observation from those who got ripped off AND some very foolish use of the superuser ability. Replace foolish use with smart superuser play, and this could easily happen again and go unnoticed.

If this was a rogue programmer, I think AP could have survived by revealing all and preventing it from happening again. But come on, this is apparently the founders and leaders of the company, I don't see how AP survives.