View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

wow, you go to bed for 6 hours and all this....

I for one did not lose a dime in this whole fiasco. So that may automatically disqualify my having an opinion in some eyes. I do however rely on online poker for 90% of my income at other sites, so I think that anyone who does has a right to comment on this situation and have some weight given to their thoughts.

I think anyone who is saying Todd is an idiot needs to be quiet or just get banned. Todd is a very smart person and was obviously just trying to accomplish something for the greater good of all the parties who lost money in this. Like he said this isn't just 10-20k this is close to a million dollars. If what he suggested was one of only a very small % of solutions that had a significant chance of working, then it was a good one.

However, there are still a gigantic number of us that rely on online poker for a living and no we will not be satisfied until something is done about this. I really hope you guys get your money back. That would piss me off if I lost 5 figures in this nonsense and I would certainly claim to have more of a voice in this than anyone else.

There is no way that the correct thing to do would be to give the money back by "chip dumping" then continuing to play on Absolute Poker. To me that would equate to a major bank staging it's own hold up w/ or w/o the top-dogs knowing about it, then giving the money back to the main group of clients and saying, there we fixed the situation, that was the best thing for everybody. Everyone else who uses that bank is still going to be dissatisfied because in all honesty, how should they know that it would never happen again? How should people at other banks know that it could never happen to them?

Without a return of funds to cheated players, a true and sophisticated audit, admission of guilt, and revamping of management and their current system, I don't see how a greater good will be served at all.

While their at it, I think it wouldn't be impractical or inappropriate for FTP, Stars, and whatever other sites to open up their doors and say "hey all, come audit us to, we'll show you that nothing like this goes on at our site!" I think it would be great press and promotion for them, as well as a good way for casual players to get some peace of mind and find a new safer place to play.