View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i'm one of those cleveland fans that's actually still terrified. if beckett is beckett tomorrow, and boston wins, and then fausto isn't on, we're relying on westbrook to win a game 7 on the road...

that's all that's been going through my head all day, AND WE'RE UP 3-1!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly in no way is Cleveland home free in this series. If you look at Beckett's record he's basically had maybe one or two semi-bad outings this year. I mean the "bad" outings aren't even really bad. He hasn't really been shelled this year. Red Sox took to Sabathia in game 1 too. Again Cleveland has to get to Red Sox starters early and vice versa IMO. Not likely to happen with Beckett on the hill. We'll see about Sabathia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm optimistic. The Red Sox are a good team, whether they've played like one or not. Beckett tomorrow and then two games at Fenway. Anything can happen.

And hell. If it doesn't happen, we still have 2004 and a very successful season. And we'll have the Patriots. And KG. And the Bru...and the Patriots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the Red Sox should be a solid favorite in game 5 and then you're right, it's two games in Fenway.

Patriots are going undefeated, they have few obstacles but they're clearly the best team right now. Just have to stay healthy and they've had some injuries that should heal up.

BTW I think Beckett did get hit pretty hard when the Red Sox played the Rockies during the regular season [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].