View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Solo Poker Trips

I go to Vegas twice a month, and usually it's alone. (When I go with friends, I'm pretty much resigned that I won't get in much poker.) Really like the flexibility of deciding when to play and for how long, and enjoy having a nap shortly after dinner so I can be fresh for the late night crowd at the poker room.

For food that is quick but also good: I've gone several times to the Oyster Bar at Palace Station. I think it opens at 5PM Thurs-Sun, and they have a great raw bar, and some fantastic jambalaya/gumbo and that sort of thing. Reasonably priced and fast. I like the Turf Deli and the Noodle Shop at Mandalay Bay for a quick meal as well. If you have a car, you can get some terrific Asian food (Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Thai) just by driving across Spring Mtn Blvd - a plethora of restaurants that are all cheap and fast. Always liked Gallagher's Steakhouse in NY, NY --- particularly because you can sit at the bar on the outside where there's still a lot of activity going on, and still have a great steak. The butter toffee pudding is a terrific dessert as well. Hope this helps.