View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: 50% returns on small amounts?

[ QUOTE ]
First, you didn't even correctly read my post. BEAS is up 50% since Icahn bought it. He OWNS a 13% of the COMPANY. Its up because it receieved a BUYOUT offer from ORACLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no. BEAS went up 5% the day Ichan disclosed his stake in the company on speculation that he would force a sale.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, another reading failure, in my post directly after the Icahn story, I mentioned how you do not have to be a hedge fund manager to sustain those rates. If you put the effort into learning some analysis, ect., 50% is definitely sustainable for an intelligent trader/investor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you said that. I'm saying it isn't possible. If there was a way to test it now I would wager my entire net worth that you could not exceed 50% a year for 10 years without doing anything illegal. Unfortunately there is no way to prove that short of waiting 10 years and then checking in with you again and that is just too much work.

How many years in a row have you managed to make over 50%?

Also I don't mean to be a prick but you start a thread asking how to calculate compound interest and then you turn around and claim you can generate 50% returns. Why would anyone believe that given you can't do basic math?