View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: ESPN\'s new show E:60 (2 thumbs down!)

[ QUOTE ]
I hate pretty much every single thing on ESPN other than the sporting events they broadcast and even in those I hate their announcers and the stupid crap they interject into the game.

Remember the Arkansas/Alabama game a few weeks back where they kept having some US Women's Soccer player randomly appear ont he phone talking up the Women's world cup? Ugh.

Then the next week the UGA/Bama game Mike Patrick makes a fool out of himself on the game's final dramatic play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZUB3eJOTos

Pretty much every single person I meet or talk to about ESPN feels the same way about it.

I have to wonder why ESPN hasn't felt some sort of backlash in the ratings about this yet. Clearly they would change if they felt it would bring in more people?

Who are these people who are like "Dude, 'Who's More Now' is on! Awesome".... scary

My biggest problem with ESPN is all the fluff and bullcrap they do. Do we need fuzzy lighted, piano themed sob feel good stories about some 3rd string kicker on some podunk team in North Dakota?

There is no f'ing reason ESPN should find a way to bring up Hurricane Katrina every 15 minutes, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH SPORTS. All those sports journalists try to make themselves feel so important by connecting sports to bigger, more important world events. ITS JUST A BUNCH OF GUYS RUNNING AROUND THROWING/CATCHING/KICKING BALLS, give us the scores, give us the injury updates.

We want substance, not you're stupid opinion or hype of everything.

ESPN is all flash and hype. EVERY clip is the most amazing clip, EVERY dunk is the "most insane in your face dunk ever!!!!111", EVERY player has a nickname, EVERY game this week is going to be the "Biggest game of [insert whatever you want here]"

52 reasons why ESPN sucks
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=1406

[/ QUOTE ]

I went nuts watching the Illinois-Iowa game this past weekend
the coverage was about everything but the game

instead of deep analysis of plays and strategy, it was previews of other shows, side stories, and crap