View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: 50% returns on small amounts?

[ QUOTE ]
If you could easily sustain 50% rates on small accounts you could grow $50,000 to $1million in just about 7 1/4 years and grow it $10,000,000 in about 13 years.

If you could do this why wouldnt you simply grow you're account to 1-2 million and then just live like a rockstar off the $500,000 -$1,000,000 youre bringing in every year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember to deduct overhead and living expenses from your annual returns. You might start part time but pretty quickly you'll want to do it full time. This slows your portfolio growth.

And I have no answer to the second question. As my portfolio grew my returns diminished a bit, so while I live very well and enjoy not having a job Im no rockstar. If i worked harder and was more of a miser Id probably get to rockstar income levels but I enjoy playing poker every day and spending time with my family. I often wonder if I'd benefit from counseling cause I always feel like I could accomplish so much more with any serious level of dedication. I blame my wife really, she's far too satisfied with what I have accomplished, given she moved in with me when I was an $4 per hour bus boy.