View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Am I blind or is there really no Kobe to Dallas thread???

Assani, IMO you got lucky. Your lemon thread accidentally turned into lemonade. I'd be interested in your take re: Aloysius' prop bet, by the way.

Has anyone proposing any of these trade scenarios actually considered the cap ramifications etc., or are you merely considering talent for talent?

I'll say it to the LOL, u r dumb if you don't want Kobe crowd again: I don't want Kobe Bryant on my team. Can't stand the guy, and though the Suns seem to be one of the few teams that can make this happen, I really hope they don't. If they get him and we're hoisting a championship banner next June maybe that deal for the devil will be worth it. For now I just want to punch him in the balls.

HOWEVER, I think this would be an incredible deal for Dallas if they can pull it off without losing Harris. Their window is maybe 4-5 years, Kobe and Dirk easily have that much left in their primes, injuries excepted. Now whether they can afford both of those guys AND decent talent around them, I don't know. But to me the biggest question mark around the Dallas Mavericks isn't their talent, it's their ability to win big games, and whether they're skullfucked by now after three tough playoff losses. Kobe brings a reputation for clutch play, incredible ability on both sides of the ball, championship pedigree, and a competitive drive rarely seen since MJ retired. He seems to solve what little problems Dallas has, and has more gas in the tank than Garnett does.