View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: October [censored] thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for trends in real estate prices for different geographies. In particular anything on florida would be useful. Anyone have anything?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I have been saying the L/V real estate market(as well as "some" other highly depressed markets)have some AWESOME bargains/steals IMO.... as far as Florida is concerned,I think you are dealing with a diff. animal that I am not that familiar with,just based on diff. economic conditions,huge diversity in locations throughout the state,bigtime speculative investing from locals/snowbirds,etc.

I would strongly suggest consulting a professional that specializes in the specific Fla. market you are looking into that you TRUST...before you jumping in.

Is this a first time or primary residence, vacation/secondary home...or investment property?

I do assume there are PLENTY of bargains though as well there!

~stephen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not buying. I'm researching a company trading below book value. But a lot of the real estate is in the SE with 15% of property in FL. Before I send something to my boss I'd like to have some info on real estate price drops by region or in FL. I haven't had any luck with google so came here.

Krishan