View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Ty Stewart\'s fawning fan boi blog

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe the number of cameras ESPN has active on the final table is nineteen, each of which is recording for fourteen hours a day. That math doesn't include interview segments and floor coverage. This is me telling you they can not edit 266 hours of footage before extras in 24-48 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that. They know when a big hand/knockout takes place. Say...table 22 at 6:43 PM. How difficult is it to go to 6:43 on the table 22 cameras and find that hand? It is not like they have to sit and watch the tapes over and over. CardPlayer and other poker magazines/websites cover the action and document the important hands. Seems like it would be easy to edit them fast when you know the exact time and table they took place.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many cameras does ESPN have at college football stadiums all over America and they still seem to be able to do a highlight show every Saturday? Rapidly producing a highlight show wouldn't be a problem-- and they could sell the shows later a "a more detailed analysis..."