Thread: Equity
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Equity

To add to Sell's post above, I always keep a notepad handy when I'm playing a session. If I run into any interesting situations I don't really know how to handle, or think I could have handled better, I write down the hand #.

At the end of every poker day I print out a summary, including the PT summary screen, the PT positional stats screen, the session summary screen and some key hands. The key hands I'll print out include the ones I jotted down on the pad, and my biggest losing hands for each table that PT shows me. These all go in a big binder. It's important to keep good records when you're trying to move up stakes, or improve at all.

I'll go through each hand, and on the printed HH I will (at least attempt to) make calculations and evaluate my play.

When I first started doing this, it just seemed like a huge pain in the ass- I do enough math in Econometrics class. But it really forces you to think about your game on a deeper level, and although you might not realize it in the moment, your understanding of poker will increase tenfold, and quite rapidly as well.