View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Stars: Buy the FPP bonuses before it\'s too late?

[ QUOTE ]
It would be almost like breaking a social contract. Everybody who is trying for SNE probably factors in the per annum 75k from the bonuses. It would be a real screw-over if you had to spend those points now playing Tom McEvoy heads up or whatever. I'm pretty sure they'll stay the course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no. The contract is only with respect to the date they have agreed to make the offer. If they choose to no longer offer that item after the stipulated date then they are free to do so without breaking any contract. Players can't argue reliance since it was clearly stated that the offer was only till date X.

That being said I do expect they will keep them. In the Official SNE thread Scotty said something to the effect that if everyone spent all their FPP on bonus coupons then Stars would be screwed (about a month ago / maybe 6 weeks).

My impression is that they extend the offer 6 months at a time so that they can gauge the percentage of people using them and budget. If the percentage gets too high and exceeds the budget then I can see them changing the terms but not removing them completely.