View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: How to play with TOTAL PASSIVE MAN?

first of all, thanks for the responses

/im talking about Holdem NLHU, i jst created topic in wrong forum /

[ QUOTE ]
so, most of the time i just stealing blinds, but it doesnt fit my loses after 2 rounds betting. if i check flop they also raise (not much than pot anyway) or check.
Stealing blinds is good. I don't understand the rest of your statement.

[/ QUOTE ]
i meant, total winnings of blinds dont cover my loses of postflop play.

assumed i had nothing and if i Cbet flop (full pot usually, thanks for advice to decrease size of it) and they call that means i probably beaten. they bet turn and i fold, or they check and i have to check because they dont trust me most of the times there, so when i checked turn that way i really cant call their river bet (which usually occurs) even with mid pair (at least i tried that, and lose to TP+ most of the time)

the main problem with such passive opponents is you dont ever know what they holding. and with my massive agression they dont trust me and may reraise with TPMK and comparing to their passiviness i cant call with TPLK.

unfortunately i dont have any HH atm, so there is some hands from my memories.

hero ($40) posts SB (0.25)
villian ($58) posts BB
dealt to hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], hero raises to $1.5, villian calls
flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero bets $3, villian calls
turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero - ?
if i bet here again i may face with queens (with better kicker, because we know opponent is tight) and this is -EV if i check i provide him free cards, and representing weakness, kinda "commiting" myself to call river bet, because he may bluff.

hero is SB($68)
villian is BB ($44)
dealt to hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, hero raises to $1.5, BB calls
flop:
Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, hero - ?

and so on

edit:
\\Buzz - you may find Heads Up poker section in "Other Poker> Heads Up Poker"
it would be very nice if you move this thred with your comments about it. <font color="green">I see it now. Done.</font> Anyway, any comments from PLO players welcome [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])